Menz Confectionery Products:
A classic recipe with a fruity flavour!
- 300g good quality dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 150g butter, chopped
- 315g (1 1/2 cups) caster sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly whisked
- 190g (1 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 125g (1/2 cup) sour cream
- 350g Menz RaspberryChocs
- 150g frozen raspberries
- Cocoa Powder
1. Preheat your oven to 160c.
2. Grease a 23cm square cake pan and line the base and two sides with baking paper. Leave the paper long enough to hang over the sides of the pan.
3. Add the roughly chopeed dark chocolate and the butter to a medium saucepan and stir over low heat for 5 minutes or until it creates a nice, smooth mixture. Alternatively, place them in a bowl and put them in the microwave, stirring every minute until melted.
4. Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool for 5 miunutes.
5. Next, add the sugar and stir until combined, then add the eggs and stir again.
6. Once these ingredients are nicely combined, add the flour and sour cream and stir until combined.
7. Finally, add the Menz RaspberryChocs and frozen raspberries and gently fold them through the brownie mixture.
8. Pour the mixture into your cake pan and bake for one hour, or until cooked through.
9. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature before dusting with cocoa powder.
10. Cut into small squares (approximately 3cm accross) with a serrated knife. (The edges can also be removed).
11. If you can resist eating them all straight away, your RaspberryChocs Brownies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 7 days.